The easy part of social media is setting up the account, then the real work starts! Finding content, images, scheduling, while making sure to be consistent with your business image. Here are my top 3 tips for using my favorite Social Networks.
Facebook is a social networking service where users can create a user profile, add other users as “friends”, exchange messages, post status updates and photos, share videos and receive notifications when others update their profiles.
Top 3 Tips to using Facebook:
- Post photos and videos to your Timeline.
- Create an engaging cover photo. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to do this. Try using Canva.com. They have a template for Facebook Cover Photo, and it’s easy to use.
- Use the Call-to-Action button. You can choose to have visitors “Sign-Up”, “Shop Now”, “Contact Us”, “Book Now”, “Use App,” “Watch Video,” and “Play Game.”
Twitter is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called “tweets”. Registered users can read and post tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
Top 3 Tips to Using Twitter:
- Engage with Twitter users to build your following.
- Use popular hashtags in your post to maximize the reach of your tweet.
- Tweet frequently, at least 5 times a day, and don’t be afraid to tweet the same thing more than once.
Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its user to take pictures and videos, and share them on a variety of social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
Top 3 tips to using Instagram:
- Images need to be designed in a square. For example, using Canva I design all my graphics using the Social Media template (800×800 pixels)
- Engage with Instagram users to build your following.
- Add at least 20 hashtags to your post to maximize the reach of your message.
Pinterest is a free website where users can upload, save, sort, and manage images-known as pins-and other media. Users can browse the content of others on the main page.
Top 3 tips to using Pinterest:
- Make your website pinnable by using eye catching visuals on your website and blog.
- Engage with Pinterest users – they will hopefully reciprocate the interest.
- Check out the competition.
Engaging with your customers and industry is a must in today’s market. If the idea of managing your social networks sounds overwhelming allow 25Penn Marketing to mange them for you.